Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Spirit 32,000 ft above the ground

32,000 feet above the ground, above the clouds, above a bunch of states, sits a man. I don't even know his name. He is 26 years old, and a pilot for the government. I am not sure why his path crossed mine, but as we talked, I grew a love for this man, and I was able to share my beliefs with him. As he sipped some of his beer, we talked, he asked, I taught, he learned. It was really nerve wrecking to talk to this 6'6 wall of a man that I have never met before. It really quizzed my knowledge of what I believe. After he told me that he was Catholic, I realized I have no idea what they believe in. So i asked him what they believe in. As he tried to explain, he couldn't. He didn't know what he really believed in. I was able to teach this guy about the restoration. He was pretty curious and asked questions about The Church and The Gospel. We had a lot of time and he was interested, so I taught him about the Plan of Salvation. It was a really nerve wrecking experience. I don't know why, I will be doing this for 2 years. I shouldn't be nervous doing it in English, when I know I have to do it in another language. As my brother next to me woke up, I brought him into this conversation, and my brother taught him the third lesson, faith, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. As a 19 year old kid, I was able to testify to a man that there is a life after this and that his father in heaven loves him and wants a personal relationship with him, and that reciting a prayer doesn't connect you in with The Father. For some reason I felt peace, and My heart felt for his family and his baby daughter. I want him to feel Gods love and be with his family forever. Crazy experience.

1 comment: