Sunday, March 23, 2014

Who am I?

I am a competitor, I was breeded to be the best! I was conditioned to never lose, to never show emotion, to keep my chin up, and lip still during the toughest battles, in every fight I was taught to win, losing was never taught to me. You do things right and you beat the guy across from you.. Always. But I find joy in poems, and I love chick flicks, but I'll never tell someone that. I am what I was breeded to be, and I love it. but I have also developed some soft traits, maybe they will end up destroying me, but maybe they won't. My parents created me for two reasons, one to protect, and two to play ball like my dad. Those were my two jobs all growing up. That's who I was created to be. "If you tell a bird it's a chicken, it will believe it's a chicken."

2 comments:

  1. So are you a chicken or a bird?

    Maybe we're all trying to figure this out.

    I really enjoyed the honesty in this poem.

    ReplyDelete